About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Recruiting Steel District Sales Manager
Position Location: Northern Mexico
Reports to: Sales Manager based in the United States
Our client is a division of one of the largest steel producers in America. The company was formed in 1999, built on the foundational values of proactive engineering and manufacturing flexibility. They are the second largest provider of steel joists and metal decking to the U.S. market.
Their dynamic manufacturing facilities are strategically located across North America to service your steel joist, steel decking, and joist girder supply needs. They have over 50 specially trained representatives ready to help reduce tonnage out of commercial steel construction projects, help achieve cost reductions, and realize a broad range of revenue and performance improvements as well. Our client is increasingly named as the preferred partner for commercial steel construction. Their flexible and proactive approach simplifies the process of steel building design and construction. Their collaborative style serves the interests of project owners and developers, while uplifting the professional contributions of everyone involved on the project, including fabricators, erectors, and their general contractors.
Prerequisites: (Experience, Knowledge and Education)
- B.S. Degree or 5 years of experience in experience in steel sales; preferably sales in joist, deck, or a construction related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic building construction
- Knowledge and understanding of basic geometry
- Knowledge and understanding of basic construction loading, drawings and specifications
- Ability to communicate in concise and clear manner (written, verbal)
- Ability to multi-task, negotiate, close deals, and manage projects after the sale has been made
- Our client provides competitive salaries, incentive bonuses, and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Responsibilities (Key tasks)
Provide sales and account management coverage for customers in the Northern Mexico. The senior sales leader will be responsible for covering all of our client’s product lines including steel joist, steel decking, and joist girder. The positions reports to the Sales Manager based in the United States and work very closely with engineering and technical teams.
Major responsibilities are listed but not necessarily limited to the following duties:
- Calls on customers in the territory on a regular basis to grow the business and seeks out new customers.
- Maintains active communications with respective in-house personnel.
- Seeks out and compiles bid list.
- Communicates customer visits in writing via CRM visit reports in an established timely and consistent manner.
- Assure customer satisfaction throughout the territory.
- Set goals and objectives for the territory with the Sales Manager.
- Responsible for the territory forecasts, budgets and cost controls.
- Maintain established customer base and develop new relationships.
- Periodically evaluate effectiveness of key account sales strategies and tactics.
- Assist in co-coordinating activities in each account.
- Serve as a technical liaison for key accounts.
- Develop material takeoff from construction drawings.
- Prepare bid documents and review for accuracy.
- Follow up and communicate on all bids.
- Scheduled travel throughout region visiting customers.
- Attend various company meetings as required.
- Core Competencies
- Excellent communication stills with the ability to respond to customer requests or needs immediately and with confidence.
- Ability to provide professional presentations and reports for internal and external needs as required.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work in multicultural and multilingual teams.
- Critical thinker, always thinking outside the box and finding ways to get things done rather that reasons things will not work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM systems utilized to maintain business needs.
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to [email protected] and please include: “Steel District Sales Manager – Northern Mexico” in the subject line of your email.