About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Plant Human Resources Manager (Tijuana, Mexico)
Position Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Position Status: Open
Our client offers a wide range of semiconductor solutions, microcontrollers, LED drivers, sensors and automotive & power management ICs.
The plant human resources manager is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of policies for recruitment, selection, hiring, wage and salary administration, benefits and employee services, training and instruction, personal and organizational development, security, medical services, administrative services. The plant human resources manager will support the plant manager in order to attract, retain and motivate staff to meet the requirements for optimal operation and to generate and maintain harmonious employee-employer relations.
- Complies with laws, rules and regulations on labor, health and safety and environmental control.
- Supports organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of people, processes, structure, and culture with business strategies;
- Monitors the recruitment process as well as the proper administration of a job in order to meet the staffing needs for quality, quantity and timeliness.
- Supports staff procedures or steps to social security and housing.
- Proposes to the general management projects that improve the organizational climate of the company and monitors its implementation
- Monitors the correct functioning of the medical area, encouraging the creation of preventive medicine.
- Monitors compliance with environmental regulations and health and safety.
- Administers all benefits to staff, monitoring their strict adherence to rules and established policies and the proposed new programs.
- Keeps management systems of salaries and wages to ensure a fair and competitive compensation to employees.
- Provides guidance to staff on legal matters.
- Advises managers, supervisors and line guides on criteria for conflict resolution and the correct application of internal labor regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible to carry out monitoring, adequate surveillance of the company and its assets and control inputs and outputs of both staff and visitors.
- Promotes the quality philosophy of the company.
- Advises management generally in the area of human resources, providing administrative support to other areas at the request of general manager.
- Monitors daily performance and work environment of the plant.
- Takes control and turnover rates, absenteeism and overtime of the plant.
- Coordinates with the HR assistant shift changes and department supervisors posed.
- Follows up audits of clients in ethics education, health, safety and environment and property protection.
- Reviews and approves performance evaluations of staff.
- Responsible for development and coordination of events for staff.
- Responsible for coordination of participation in wage surveys.
- Monitors compliance with commitments made among management and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, human resources, psychology, industrial engineering, or related fields.
- Experience of at least 5 years in a manufacturing environment in the maquiladora industry.
- Knowledge of systems recruitment, training and industrial relations.
- General knowledge of environmental regulations and health and safety.
- Ability to manage computer, especially MS Windows.
- Ability to train staff (instructor certification desirable.)
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Attitude of service focused on customer satisfaction.
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include: “Plant Human Resources Manager – Tijuana” in the subject line of your email.